Monday, May 12, 2008

My first Java program in Linux

Finally I succeeded in installing Eclipse on my Ubuntu Linux. It detects the gcj which is installed by default on the Linux. Since JAVA_HOME was set successfully. I started coding to check the differences of executing Java programs on a new environment! I checked some simple console programs and then I wrote a simple JFrame program. The frame was so nice in GNOME environment but as I noticed instantly the frame was not responding to the events very well during the resizing, maximizing and ... And it failed to responded when I tried to close it!!! Later on I decided to change my JVM to the Sun JVM. I installed JDK 6u6 and altered JAVA_HOME. Oh yes! now it works fine!!! I should say it could be the gcj fault!

Please write your similar experiences on this topic.

No comments: